The Alliance for Women in Media (AWM) will be honoring seven broadcast and digital media leaders on November 14 in New York as the organization hosts the Gracies Leadership Awards.
This year’s event will see honors go to the following individuals:
- Nancy Daniels, Chief of Content — TNets, Discovery, Animal Planet, & Science Channel
- Marie Donoghue, Vice President, Global Sports Video — Amazon
- Kim Godwin, President — ABC News
- Wendy Goldberg, Chief Communications Officer — iHeartMedia
- Chesley Maddox-Dorsey, Chief Executive Officer — American Urban Radio Networks
- Debra OConnell, President, Networks — Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution
- Dawn Porter, Founder — Trilogy Films
As previously announced, the keynote presenter at the event, to be held at Tribeca 360 in New York, is Soledad O’Brien.
Google News Initiative is a presenting sponsor of the awards, and AWM is investing in “the next generation of women in media” through partnerships with both Google News Initiative
and Mattel — creating “two unique fellowship programs” for students pursuing a career in either journalism or media.
“It is an exceptional honor to recognize and celebrate this strong lineup and powerhouse of women leaders in our industry,” said AWM President Becky Brooks.
AWM says the annual event provides an opportunity to recognize and celebrate “the significant impact women have made in the media industry, while also spurring to action and emboldening female leaders in attendance.”
Other sponsors include American Urban Radio Network, Disney Media & Entertainment, and iHeartMedia-owned Katz Media Group.