GLR’s station W Radio 690 AM, XEWW-AM Tijuana – “La Voz del Pueblo” has become the flagship Spanish language radio station for soccer in Southern California. The station’s renewed and reinforced programming has also brought new talents on board, including Jorge Campos – sports expert and one of the most notable Mexican soccer players of all times – and renown Alejandro Blanco.
The station now airs 15 to 20 live soccer games per month, and its sports programming includes:
• Radio broadcast rights to Chivas de Guadalajara’s home games until 2013.
• Coverage of six other Mexican 1st division soccer teams: Pachuca, Cruz Azul, Morelia, Santos, Estudiantes Tecos and Puebla.
• Exclusive radio broadcast rights to Chivas USA games.
• Exclusive radio broadcast rights to Chivas de Guadalajara’s 2009 US Tour.
• Exclusive broadcast rights for Copa Santander Libertadores, in which five Mexican teams – Chivas de Guadalajara and San Luis among them – will participate.
• Exclusive broadcast rights for Copa Nissan Sudamericana.
• “Rumbo a Sudáfrica”, hosted by sports expert Jorge Campos.
• Futbol Mexicano ¡al día! – Hosted by Alejandro Blanco.
• Minuto Deportivo – A quick and energetic overview of the day’s sporting events that bring listeners results, highlights, information about upcoming matches.