Stock in Mississippi trio changing hands


A pair of stations in Batesville MS and their companion Crenshaw MS station are going to remain in the stable of Batesville Broadcasting Company Inc., but the ownership of BBCI will be undergoing a change.

The stations are WBLE-FM & WJBI-AM Batesville and WHKL-FM Crenshaw.

The sellers are J. Boyd Ingram, who is parting with his 55% share in the company, and Carol B. Ingram, who is parting with the remaining 45%.

The buyer is Jessica Johnson Kidder.

The station assets are going for $1,507,688, of which all but $3,688 will be in the form of seller paper. $226,153.20 of that is allocated to the rights to trademarks and other items associated with Bateville Broadcasting Co.

Here are the particulars on the stations, serving unrated territory to the south of Memphis TN and to the west of Tupelo MS.

* Country WBLE-FM is a Class C2 on 100.5 MHz with 50 kW @ 492’
* Oldies WJBI-AM is a Class D on 1290 kHz with 730 W-D, 91 W-N, ND
* Oldies WHKL-FM is a Class A on 106.9 MHz with 6 kW @ 328’

Editor’s Note: financial details corrected 3/12/13