We knew that Hispanic television group Una Vez Mas has a deal to add the San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose DMA to its portfolio with a deal for KFTY Santa Rosa CA. Now we know how much broker Kalil and Co. is holding in escrow, and the total amount to which the escrow deposit will be applied.
Kalil has $1M in its tender loving care, and that amount will be added to a total purchase price of $5.2M, due in cash at closing.
The buyer, led by Terry Crosby and Randy Nonberg, is getting the license from High Plains Broadcasting. Newport Television is also involved on the seller side, thanks to its SSA and JSA with High Plains.
Una Vez Mas has already announced that the station is destined to become an affiliate of the Azteca America network.
UVM has five other full power television stations, including KAZD Lake Dallas TX (Dallas-Fort Worth), KYAZ Katy TX (Houston), KVTV Laredo TX, KMIZ Columbia MO (Columbia-Jefferson City) and KAZA Avalon CA (Los Angeles). With the addition of KFTY, it will reach 17.69% of total US TV households.
The group has many more television stations of the Class A and low power variety, serving the following cities:
* In Arizona: Phoenix, Prescott, Tucson
* In California: Atascadero, Lompoc, Paso Robles, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Santa Maria
* In Florida: Clearwater
* In Georgia: Atlanta
* In Louisiana: New Orleans
* In Maryland: Lake Shore
* In Nevada: Las Vegas
* In New Mexico: Albuquerque
* In Texas: Abilene, Alice, Amarillo, Big Spring, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Lubbock, McAllen, Midland, Mullin, Port Arthur, San Antonio, Sherman, Victoria, Wichita Falls