A TV channel solely devoted to environmental content has hired a new leadership team composed of industry veterans from Discovery, RIDE TV, Animal Planet and TLC.
The stated mission: to turn EarthxTV into “a globally recognized entertainment network catering to audiences increasingly attuned to issues affecting our planet.”
“We have an ambitious plan to expand development and distribution of EarthxTV into a powerful global entertainment and educational network, and I’m thrilled to welcome a truly talented leadership team to help us achieve our goals,” says Michael Fletcher, Co-CEO of EarthX.
Since its launch, EarthxTV now delivers hundreds of hours of programming with plans to aggressively increase its library of acquired and original series, films, and documentaries in 2022. The network is currently available at Earthx.tv, on iOS, and Android phones and tablets and through a growing list of OTT partners, including Roku, Apple TV, Firestick, and Google Play.
EarthX expects to announce traditional and digital 24×7 linear distribution deals soon. Helping its growth are the following new employees:
- Dan Russell is EVP of Content and Strategy for EarthX, “driving the acceleration of programming development and acquisitions for EarthxTV.” Russell’s experience in building multi-platform audiences and identifying new hit formats and personalities will enable EarthxTV to develop a slate of programming that resonates with current viewers and reaches new audiences around the globe. Russell has been a key part of multiple management teams responsible for launching and reformatting television channels in the US and internationally, including TLC, Animal Planet, Travel Channel, Discovery Health Channel, Velocity/MotorTrend, Discovery International, Poker Central TV (OTT/TVE), and now CuriosityStream (Linear/OTT/VOD). Before EarthX, he was VP of Channel Management at Curiosity Systems, launching the linear channel and digital/VOD offerings globally. He also served as SVP of Content Development at New Dominion Pictures.
- Rose Stark is SVP/Marketing for EarthX, overseeing marketing, social media, and communications for EarthX Expo, EarthxTV, and its annual EarthX Film Festival. Stark has built and rebranded significant media enterprises, including Planet Green, Discovery Health, and TLC. Before EarthX, Stark spent more than 15 years at Discovery working on its global brands.
- James Levitt is EVP/Global Advertising Sales for EarthX, leading the company’s global sales strategy to expand opportunities for EarthxTV. Founder of Orama Advisors, he brings 30-plus years of experience across linear, streaming, CTV, OTT, and mobile platforms. Before EarthxTV, Levitt led global advertising sales for Ride TV. He also served as Senior Vice President of Advertising Sales at Discovery Inc.
- Mike Clark joins as EVP/Global Distribution, charged with expanding the availability of EarthxTV across digital and linear platforms globally. Before EarthX, Clark was at Ride TV, where he served on the board of directors and worked in numerous leadership roles, including VP operations, SVP Corporate Development, and EVP International Operations.
- Bryan W. Redd serves as Interim Chief Financial Officer for EarthX. Before EarthX, Redd was at Ride TV for over five years in various leadership roles including Vice President of Strategy.
- Tim Pirrello is SVP/Production for EarthxTV, leading the network’s creative, production, and post-production departments. A seasoned production professional, Pirrello served in a multitude of roles at AMS Pictures for more than 21 years, delivering hundreds of hours of television programming for networks including Discovery, HGTV, A+E, History, Food, Cooking, Lifetime, Bio, Showtime, WGN, TruTV and Reelz.