WASHINGTON, D.C. — From “AI Ashley” at Live 95.5 in Portland, Ore., to M Street law firms, understanding the power of artificial intelligence and what it can do for Radio is a topic getting more attention than ever.
On Tuesday (11/14), the influential House Energy and Commerce Committee is exploring the subject, as the Communications and Technology Subcommittee led by Rep. Bob Latta (R-Ohio) is holding hearing with an expressed purpose of how the U.S. can leverage Artificial Intelligence “to Enhance American Communications.”
The session will also see full Committee Chair Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-Wash.) in attendance at 2123 Rayburn HOB, starting at 10:30am. It is the third in the committee’s hearings series exploring the role of Artificial Intelligence across every sector of the economy, including healthcare, telecommunications, emerging technologies, and energy.
The following witnesses are expected to testify:
• Ms. Courtney Lang, Vice President of Policy, Trust, Data, and Technology, The
Information Technology Industry Council
• Mr. Sam Rubin, Vice President, Global Head of Operations, Unit 42, Palo Alto Networks
• Dr. Sameh Yamany, Chief Technology Officer, VIAVI Solutions
• Dr. Nicol Turner Lee, Ph.D., Senior Fellow in Governance Studies and Director, Center
for Technology Innovation, Brookings Institution
For the Republicans who lead the House E&C Committee, three key questions will be asked of the witnesses:
• How can companies use AI to scale business and optimize productivity?
• What challenges and opportunities does AI present for different telecommunication
• How can we ensure that the datasets used to train AI are fair and protect American’s data
Subjects of concern include cybersecurity, content moderation, satellites, and networks.
The hearing will be open to the public and press and will be live streamed online at https://energycommerce.