“Quinn and Rose” loss at WPGB gets big response
Conservative talkers Jim Quinn and Rose Tennent (“The War Room with Quinn and Rose”) recently ended their run at CCME’s Talker WPGB-FM Pittsburgh. Since we’ve run the story (click here), there has been an overwhelming negative response to the move from Clear Channel from RBR-TVBR readers. In a statement, a CCME spokesperson told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette the station tried to reach new terms with Jim and Rose, but it was unsuccessful. The readers think it was a bit more sinister than that and are flipping mad about it.
Meanwhile, Quinn and Rose posted this statement on their website:
“The Quinn and Rose show has been on the air for 18 years with great success. Ten of those years were at 104.7. We love doing our show.
We want our listeners to know how much we have enjoyed bringing you the news every morning. We feel like we are all part of one big family. Your loyalty and support over the years has meant so much to us and we think you know that.
Please know that we appreciate each and every one of you. A morning without you is like a morning without coffee. And we HATE a morning without coffee!! You have always meant so much to us. We cannot find words adequate to express to you just how much.
As we have new information, we will keep you posted at www.warroom.com on the front page. Be sure to check in there periodically for updates.
Our commitment has been, and will always be, to conservative values and to this great country of ours.
Rest assured, we will be back on the air!
Thank you all for your kind words and your support. We love you.
Quinn and Rose”
Take a look at some of the reader responses here, and scroll down to the end of the story to see all of them (Click here to see the original story and all comments):
* Wow what a mistake they have made…….these two make a great morning show. A balance to all the crap that the liberal media brings. They are libertarians more than Republicans and I for one liked that about them. They will be missed until I find out where they end up. Semper Fi.
* Talk about shock and dismay when my radio came on at 6 a.m., only to hear a strange broadcast with no explanation. I’ve endured my favorite morning host’s vacations, knowing he’d be back, but this was something close to addiction withdrawal. Hopefully, Quinn will be back on the air soon, somewhere, with plenty of publicity to let his listeners know.
* Those people are CRAZY for doing that. They are the best there is in the business. Totally destroyed my mornings. More common sense from that show than any other. CCME sucks!!!!!!
* Pittsburgh is ashamed of clear channel…Quinn and Rose has the support of most people I know pluss,pluss,pluss…We will not listen to any of that other garbage…They have certainly ruined our ride to work…Silence until q &r find a new home…
* I have enjoyed listening to Quinn & Rose for many years in my truck. I would like to see them reinstated to WPGB. Me and 6 of my friends are not going to spend too many mornings listening to Bozo Bloomdaddy !
* I will not listen to this station anymore in the morning. I hope Quinn and Rose find another station in the morning because I enjoyed listening to them on the way into work. Take the rest of the line up off and I will stop listening to the station altogether. Way to go CCME!!!! Let’s see how your ratings are after this screw up.
* I’ve lived in Philadelphia, Baltimore/DC, and Allentown – struggling each place to find ways to listen to Quinn and Rose online before iheart came around. Now that I’m back in the Pittsburgh area again this happens?! Seriously WPGB is making a huge mistake. I’m done with them. I’ll find another way to get Rush, et al. Likely Quinn got too close to the truth that someone didn’t like. Can’t wait for them to return. There is no better radio host than Jim Quinn.
* Very disappointed in clear Channels’ short sightedness I will boycott sponsors of their replacement.
* I’m stunned – in shock. This is like losing part of my family. hopefully blaze or EIB network will pick them up. How can anyone be so stupid as to “not comes to terms with” them? I’ve been listening to them since 2001 and have turned so many people on to them. We learn the truth about things like Ben Gazi months, years, before the MSM “discovers” the facts. This is such a shock I can’t even think yet. Hopefully we hear something soon.
* It has nothing to do with the terms of their contract. The fact that they DO talk about the TRUTH on things like Benghazi is why they were let go. More freedoms taken away. No interest in listening to talk radio in the morning anymore! What a disappointment! Freedom of speech or any of our freedoms for that matter will no longer exist before long under this administration.