Lynchburg, VA – The Traffic Coordinator position supports all aspects of traffic for WFFP-TV and WLHG-CD and contributes to daily primary team objectives: processing ad insertion contracts and ad copy instructions, ensuring accuracy of programming and commercial breaks, and accurate creation and reconciliation of daily insertion playback logs for all station primary and secondary channels; while maximizing yield and preserving continuity.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. DAILY AD INSERTION AND LOG GENERATION
– Enters and edits contracts for local and regional sales reps using Traffic Software.
– Enters and edits ad copy using Traffic Software.
– Meets and enforces daily traffic deadlines.
– Reconciles daily playback verifications using Traffic Software.
– Works with internal and external Producers and Sales to ensure that spots are ready and available for playback; quality-checks spots before air.
– Monitors in real time on cable insertion equipment for playback exceptions.
2. CONTINUITY / REPORTING / TECHNICAL
– Regularly reviews future logs to identify oversold or program conflicts in order to proactively preempt spots and/or notify sales.
– Works in Traffic Software to generate reports of spot playback, and other reports.
– Works with Engineering, IT, and external vendors to troubleshoot software and network issues as they relate to Traffic and spot delivery; participates in and coordinates software updates
– Demonstrates knowledge of / ensures compliance with FCC and Political advertising regulations.
– Collaborates with Master Control Operators in real time to ensure seamless broadcast playback and continuity.
3. PROGRAMMING / TRAFFIC SUPERVISOR BACKUP
– Updates programming on website, PSIP software, and with listing companies.
– Works in Traffic Software to update/disseminate broadcast programming grid changes.
– Communicates with broadcast networks, syndicators, and Master Control to interpret timings and other information in order to schedule and update programming.
4. OTHER DUTIES AS NEEDED AND ASSIGNED
Education and Experience
Associate degree (or higher) -OR- 2+ years’ professional work experience
– Knowledge of Traffic Software systems; experience with program grid software.
– Strong ability to learn and self-starting work ethic required to take ownership of knowledge needed to work independently (by taking notes, calling software help desk, network affiliates, etc.); this is especially important if applicant has no prior experience with Traffic.
– Prior Media Traffic experience; prior experience at a “big-4” broadcast affiliate (ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox) beneficial.
– Strong computer aptitude/skills that can go beyond basics and Microsoft Office.
– Aptitude and willingness to learn new software and technology on an ongoing basis.
– Ability to continuously “switch” between two different software platforms (one using military time, the other using standard clock time).
– Experience working in a fast-paced Sales or Advertising Environment.
– Experience with administrative processes and office equipment, preferably in a sales environment.
– Ability to professionally interact with customers and co-workers.
– Excellent verbal and visual communication skills and exceptional business writing skills
– High level of prioritization skills to handle multiple tasks.
– Problem solving and troubleshooting skills required; excellent decision making processes.
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office Package: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
– Intrinsic motivation desired; understands and supports the team’s goals.
– Successful criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening required.
ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES ESSENTIAL TO THE FUNCTION OF THE JOB
Communication and Comprehension
– Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to convey clear, well articulated information.
– Ability to understand, speak, and write English in order to convey messages and correspond in an articulate and professional manner.
– Possess public communication skills that allow professional representation of Liberty University to a variety of business and community customers and associates.
– Strong organizational skills.
– Excellent computer skills.
– Intuitively able to reason, analyze information and events, and apply judgment in order to solve problems of both a routine and complex nature.
Physical and Sensory Abilities
– Occasionally required to travel to local and campus locations.
– Frequently required to sit for extended periods to perform deskwork or type on a keyboard. (If not administrative duties, such as labor, define general physical abilities.
– Regularly required to hear and speak in order to effectively communicate orally.
– Occasionally required to stand, walk, and climb stairs to move about the building.
– Handle materials, reach overhead, kneel or stoop in order to conduct business.
– Regularly lift 10 or fewer pounds.
To apply for the position: https://jobs.liberty.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=65442
Filed Under Television Careers