Studio Technician III, Req. #12215
Phoenix, AZ – ABC15 in Phoenix Arizona is looking for a Studio Technician III to operate Chyron Hyper-X, Kalypso video switcher and be able to direct simultaneously for fast paced, complex newscasts and various commercial, promotional, programming and community affairs productions in studio and on location in addition to assisting in completion of pre-production for newscasts. Technician will work closely with Directors and Producers to ensure that the desired on-air look is attained. Role includes working in all areas of television production: operate cameras, video playback, teleprompter, set up and adjust lighting, construct and dismantle sets.
Education – College degree required from an accredited college/university majoring in television production or a related field or related experience.
Experience – Minimum 1 year experience as Chryon Hyper-X and Kalypso video switcher and 1 year studio camera operator at a network affiliate news facility.
Equipment – Working knowledge of television station production equipment to include but not limited to: Chryon Hyper-X, Kalypso video switcher, audio boards, dyna crawl, studio cameras, teleprompters and lighting.
License – Must have a valid Arizona driver’s license and provide proof of insurability.
Skills – Must be familiar with all aspects of Hyper-X operations including transforms. Maxine and I-News experience a plus. Must have good working knowledge of computers, and be able to handle multiple priorities under extreme time constraints with poise and skill. Flexible work hours required including holidays, weekends, evenings and possible overtime hours. It is essential that technician have knowledge of proper grammar and spelling. Must have excellent communication skills and be a team player. In addition, must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
The Perks at ABC15:
• A #thinkDIFFERENT culture that values new ideas, and actually acts on them.
• One of the most beautiful TV station buildings you’ll ever work within!
• Voted BEST news website and BEST evening newscast in the Valley. We love to win, but we don’t brag (too much).
• A place where your work gets seen and interacted with by millions of people each and every month.
• 300 sunny days each year, along with the best “winter” you’ll ever experience!
• A culture that values leaders at every level and puts a premium on promoting from within.
• Generous paid time-off policies that start from day one.
• A commitment to YOUR health that includes full benefits and annual wellness incentives.
• A place where you can feel proud of where you work, knowing the station’s commitment is to take action for our community and make Arizona a better place to live.
TELEVISION STATION KNXV ABC 15 IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this position, please visit us at External Career Center: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1060841&d=External and search for requisition #12215
Filed Under Television Careers