Snelson elected to second term as SBE president
The membership of the SBE has elected Joseph Snelson, CPBE, 8-VSB to a second term as national president. He will begin his one-year term on October 8. As president, Snelson leads the organization and presides over its national board of directors that determines policy for the 5,000+ member professional society. Snelson is vice president of engineering at Meredith Corp., and resides in the Las Vegas, Nev. area. He is a member of SBE Chapter 128, in Las Vegas.
Elected vice president for a second term is Jerry Massey, CPBE, 8-VSB, AMD, DRB, CBNT of Greenville, S.C. Massey has chaired the SBE Sustaining Member Committee during the past year and is chairman of SBE Chapter 86, encompassing the Greenville and Spartanburg, S.C. and Ashville, N.C. areas. He is corporate regional engineer southeast and director of engineering for Entercom Greenville, LLC.
Elected to a fourth one-year term as secretary is Jim Leifer, CPBE, of Boynton Beach, Fla. Leifer is a member of Chapter 53, South Florida and has chaired the SBE By-laws Committee the past year. He is director of engineering and IT for Clear Channel South Florida.
Elected treasurer for a second term is Andrea Cummis, CBT, CTO of Roseland, N.J. Cummis is a member of Chapter 15 in New York City and this past year served as chair of the SBE Publications Committee. Cummis is a broadcast consultant and owner of AC Video Solutions.
Elected to two-year terms as directors on the board are:
• Tim Anderson, CPBE, DRB, CBNE – Chief Radio Product Architect, GatesAir, Mason, Ohio
• Benjamin Brinitzer, CPBE, AMD – Regional VP Engineering, Clear Channel Media & Entertainment, Charlotte, N.C.
• Gary Kline, CBT, CBNT – Senior VP Corporate Engineering & IT, Cumulus Media, Atlanta, Ga.
• Wayne Pecena, CPBE, 8-VSB, AMD, DRB, CBNE – Director of Engineering, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
• Kim Sacks, CBT – Engineer, CBS Radio Washington, D.C., Lanham, Md.
• Eric Schecter, CBRE; Director of Engineering, CBS Radio/Phoenix, Scottsdale, Ariz.
The national board of directors is responsible for the development of policy and determines the programs and services the society provides to its members. Those just elected will join five other directors who have one year remaining in their two-year terms:
• Ted Hand, CPBE, 8-VSB, AMD, DRB – Director of Engineering/Operations, COX Media Group-Charlotte, Charlotte, N.C.
• Kirk Harnack, CBRE – VP and Executive Director, Telos Systems, Nashville, Tenn.
• Mark Heller, CPBE, CTO – President, General Manager, Chief Engineer, WGBW/WLWB Radio, Two Rivers, Wis.
• Ched Keiler, CPBE, 8-VSB, CBNT – Broadcasting Consultant, Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.
• Dennis Wallace, CBTE – Managing Partner, Meintel, Sgrignoli & Wallace, Waldorf, Md.
As Immediate Past President, Ralph Hogan, CPBE, DRB, CBNE, Director of Engineering at KJZZ-FM/KBAQ-FM, Tempe, Ariz., serves on the Board for the coming term. An additional seat on the board, vacated earlier this year with the resignation of director, Tom Ray, will be filled by the Executive Committee in the coming weeks.
Induction of the newly elected officers and directors will be conducted during the SBE Annual Membership Meeting, held as a part of the SBE 50th Anniversary National Meeting in Verona, NY.