Radio News: Cumulus, Envision, Entravision, Fisher House, MediaTracks
* Cumulus has not only given WARM-AM Wilkes-Barre/Scranton a sporting change with a refurbished technical plant, it’s also flipped it to Sports, including an affiliation with CBS Sports Radio.
* Envision Networks helps pair interview subjects with radio stations via its Guest Services offering, featuring appearances from a wide variety of celebrities from music, television and other pursuits. Lotus’s KKBZ-FM is the latest to sign up.
* El Show de Piolin is headed for 16 Entravision radio stations, as well as its radio network, beginning 1/5/15. It marks the popular Hispanic air talent’s return to network radio.
* Fisher House offers assistance to wounded warriors and their families, and is offering a three-hour special called “Zachary’s Gift” to radio stations completely free of charge for airing between Christmas and New Year’s. Multiple airings are allowed and affiliates are in place in America’s top media markets.
* MediaTracks is set to celebrate its 25th birthday 12/22/14. It specializes in producing budget-friendly public affairs programming for radio, assisting stations in the effort to meet their FCC obligations in that space.