Phoenix, AZ – KNXV-TV ABC15, the ABC affiliate in Phoenix, Arizona has an immediate opening for a creative, motivated writer /editor/producer to join our award-winning creative services team. We are looking for a top-notch producer who can create multi-platform promotion that appeals to both traditional and new media audiences. Medium to large TV market experience is preferred and strong writing skills are a big plus.
• Responsible for writing and producing on-air promotions, proof of performance and Sales sponsorship spots for ABC15, abc15.com and the ABC15 social media channels.
• Conceptualize, write, shoot and edit promos including daily topicals, image, programming, web and special projects to help expand viewership and ratings.
• Works closely with news/sales team, producers and leadership staff on social media development and promotional script ideas.
• Shoot video elements for news, programming and social media spots using the latest HD equipment and techniques.
• Design and create motion and still graphics for on-air, web and print.
• Work in a fast-paced, deadline driven and creative environment.
• Be a team player who takes initiative to further the station’s brand.
• Assist in promotional events which could include nights and/or weekends.
• Perform other duties as needed or assigned by station leadership.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Minimum one year of writing and producing experience in Creative Services.
• Hands-on experience and knowledge of post-production television editing, with emphasis in Final Cut Pro X, the Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop and After Effects.
• Experience shooting traditional HD and DSLR cameras.
• Must have excellent communication skills and be able to work well with others.
• Must demonstrate openness and capacity to seek new opportunities and adopt new ways of doing things.
• Must be able to work nights and/or weekends as needed. Schedule is subject to change.
• Ability to work well under tight deadlines, prioritize and multi-task.
• Strong ability to write conversationally.
• Excellent communication skills including a sensitivity and awareness of national and international issues.
• Must have direct knowledge and hands-on experience with social media platforms.
• Demonstrated ability to strive for results while maintaining good relations with internal and external customers.
• Must have outstanding skills in time management and setting priorities.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds as necessary.
* Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field preferred or equivalent experience.
* Valid driver’s license, good driving record, and proof of insurance required.
Please include a link of your work. If you have a link to your recent work, please cut and paste your link into your profile.
The Perks at ABC15:
• A #thinkDIFFERENT culture that values new ideas, and actually acts on them.
• One of the most beautiful TV station buildings you’ll ever work within!
• Voted BEST news website and BEST evening newscast in the Valley. We love to win, but we don’t brag (too much).
• A place where your work gets seen and interacted with by millions of people each and every month.
• 300 sunny days each year, along with the best “winter” you’ll ever experience!
• A culture that values leaders at every level and puts a premium on promoting from within.
• Generous paid time-off policies that start from day one.
• A commitment to YOUR health that includes full benefits and annual wellness incentives.
• A place where you can feel proud of where you work, knowing the station’s commitment is to take action for our community and make Arizona a better place to live.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners, with 33 television stations in 24 markets and a reach of nearly one in five U.S. households. It also owns 34 radio stations in eight markets. Scripps also runs an expanding collection of local and national digital journalism and information businesses, including multi-platform satire and humor brand Cracked, podcast industry leader Midroll Media and over-the-top video news service Newsy. Scripps also produces television shows including “The List” and “The Now,” runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and serves as the long-time steward of the nation’s largest, most successful and longest-running educational program, the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
TELEVISION STATION KNXV ABC15 IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this position, please visit us at our External Career Center: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1060841&d=External and search for requisition #12761