Phoenix, AZ – ABC15 is looking for a photojournalist to help tell stories in Arizona across on-air and digital platforms. Be part of a team where photojournalism matters, a station where you and your work are appreciated. We are looking for a proven game changer who thinks different.
The right candidate can creatively capture and edit visual content for multiple platforms, work closely with newsroom personnel to create and develop news stories and be responsible for operating various news gathering equipment, including but not limited to microwave live truck, video camera, lighting and non-linear editing equipment. Writing skills a HUGE plus. Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws is necessary. Qualified candidate will drive company vehicle for business purposes and have knowledge of and proficiency in posting content to station’s web sites.
All candidates must have a valid driver’s license with no more than four (4) points in the past 36 months, in accordance with station policy and proof of insurability (must carry liability limits of $100,000 per person/$300,000 per accident/$50,000 property). Heavy lifting of up to 40 pounds is expected.
Please include a link to your recent work. You may cut and paste your link into your profile.
The Perks at ABC15:
• A #thinkDIFFERENT culture that values new ideas, and actually acts on them.
• One of the most beautiful TV station buildings you’ll ever work within!
• Voted BEST news website and BEST evening newscast in the Valley. We love to win, but we don’t brag (too much).
• A place where your work gets seen and interacted with by millions of people each and every month.
• 300 sunny days each year, along with the best “winter” you’ll ever experience!
• A culture that values leaders at every level and puts a premium on promoting from within.
• Generous paid time-off policies that start from day one.
• A commitment to YOUR health that includes full benefits and annual wellness incentives.
• A place where you can feel proud of where you work, knowing the station’s commitment is to take action for our community and make Arizona a better place to live.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners, with 33 television stations in 24 markets and a reach of nearly one in five U.S. households. It also owns 34 radio stations in eight markets. Scripps also runs an expanding collection of local and national digital journalism and information businesses, including multi-platform satire and humor brand Cracked, podcast industry leader Midroll Media and over-the-top video news service Newsy. Scripps also produces television shows including “THE LIST” and “The Now,” runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and serves as the long-time steward of the nation’s largest, most successful and longest-running educational program, the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
Television Station KNXV ABC15 is an Equal Opportunity Employer