Photographer III, Req. #12217
Phoenix, AZ – ABC15 in Phoenix, Arizona is looking for a Videographer/Sat Truck driver for our news department. The qualified candidate will shoot and edit material for use in daily newscasts, series and promotions, work with engineering staff to operate and maintain Live Microwave Vehicles and all related videography equipment and work productively with producers and Multi Media Journalists to create news stories. You will drive, setup and operate a Satellite News Gathering (SNG) truck with multiple uplink (analog and digital) and multi-camera production capability, maintain SNG truck logs and records as required by law and maintain satellite uplink logs and reports as per FCC Rules and Regulations.
Additional responsibilities include feeding stories back to the station from live remotes, operating various news gathering equipment, including but not limited to microwave live truck, video camera and video editing equipment, and driving company vehicle while out on various assignments. You will also maintain photography equipment and vehicle; post content to the station’s website and participate in weekend on-call rotation.
Education – High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Experience – Three years of Broadcast SNG Vehicle Operations preferred. At least three years of experience shooting and editing news required. Must be proficient with editing and lighting.
Equipment – Must be familiar with computer based editing.
License – Must have a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and provide proof of insurability. FCC General Radiotelephone Operator License or Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit.
Skills – Ability to work well and effectively communicate with other people. Must be able to work well under pressure and daily deadlines. Must have good creative and editorial judgment. Mastery of journalistic ethics and libel laws. Possess skills of time management and self-motivation. Comprehend schematics, mechanical drawings and technical manuals. Able to transport and lift equipment up to 50 pounds. Must be able to work multiple day on-the-road trips, evenings and weekends; work overtime as required.
Please include a link to your recent work. You may cut and paste your link into your profile.
The Perks at ABC15:
• A #thinkDIFFERENT culture that values new ideas, and actually acts on them.
• One of the most beautiful TV station buildings you’ll ever work within!
• Voted BEST news website and BEST evening newscast in the Valley. We love to win, but we don’t brag (too much).
• A place where your work gets seen and interacted with by millions of people each and every month.
• 300 sunny days each year, along with the best “winter” you’ll ever experience!
• A culture that values leaders at every level and puts a premium on promoting from within.
• Generous paid time-off policies that start from day one.
• A commitment to YOUR health that includes full benefits and annual wellness incentives.
• A place where you can feel proud of where you work, knowing the station’s commitment is to take action for our community and make Arizona a better place to live.
TELEVISION STATION KNXV ABC 15 IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this position, please visit us at External Career Center: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1060841&d=External and search for requisition #12217
Filed Under Television Careers