Part-Time Media Sales Proposal Writer
Remote – To Apply: We require ONE upload containing: (1) a letter explaining your interest and how your skills are aligned to this position and (2) your resume. This is YOUR opportunity TO SELL us on being a qualified candidate for this position!
Are you looking for a remote opportunity? 25 hours per week?
Do You Love Public Media?
The Market Enginuity Sales Proposal Writer will develop professional, credible and compelling sponsorship proposals – in collaboration with GPB Account Executives – for our largest clients and prospects, using a variety of data sources. Proposals will effectively communicate GPB’s marketing value to current/prospective sponsors and advertising agencies.
The primary responsibilities for this position involve determining proposal objectives, pulling compelling research and crafting compelling logical proposals using Market Enginuity proposal templates designed for GPB.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Craft compelling and logical proposals to communicate sponsorship value
• Collaborate with GPB Sponsorship Sales Management and Account Executives to review Client Needs Analysis (CNA)
• Research, evaluate and synthesize Nielsen, Nielsen Audio, Scarborough, Google Analytics and syndicated research to develop persuasive content and suggested schedules to address client challenges/goals noted in the CNA
• Create sponsorship value calculators
• Create printed and digital deliverables by integrating content/graphics in proposal templates; apply company standards including readability, consistency, and tone.
• Maintain proposal support databases
• Ensure that Market Enginuity standards of excellence is applied to content, graphics, and binding; coordinate printing/digital delivery
• Obtain internal approvals by employing prescribed protocol including reviewing proposals with Account Executives, Sales Manager and project managers.
• Improve results by evaluating and contributing to process improvement via approach and coordination; implement approved process changes
Meet proposal deadlines
• Establish priorities and target dates for information gathering
• Enter and monitor tracking data
• Coordinate requirements with contributors
• Contribute proposal status information to review meetings
• Transmit proposals
Reporting and Research
• Per the approved CNA and other staff requests, pull research utilizing the Arianna-Nielsen system
• Complete schedule post-analysis – Follow up after schedules air to determine ratings and recap the number of actual impressions delivered vs. what was proposed
Do You Have?
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Journalism or Marketing
• 2-3 years’ experience as radio or television sales/marketing researcher and/or proposal writer and/or salesperson with strong proposal skills.
• *Communication* – Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
• Research Skills – ability to be thoughtful about the research and data needed to write persuasively and articulate a strategic case about the audience to a client
• Ideally, proficiency using Nielsen Audio and/or TV ratings, Scarborough Research and MRI Research.
• Teamwork– able to build strong relationships with Account Executives and external partners. Contribute to the total effectiveness of the department by communicating openly, solving problems proactively, offering creative ideas and working as a positive, engaged team member.
• Self-management – solution-oriented with a bias towards action. Ability to prioritize and work independently with minimal supervision. Highly dependable and strong professional demeanor.
• Collaborate – Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders individually and simultaneously
• Multi-task – ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and prioritize work based on designated deadlines
• Highly skilled and advanced proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
About Market Enginuity
Market Enginuity provides outsourced corporate sponsorship sales to public radio and television stations in 17 markets. Recognized as a leader in generating corporate sponsorship for public broadcasting stations, Market Enginuity is committed to helping client stations better serve their communities while helping sponsors grow their businesses. Meeting and exceeding our client stations’ goals requires team members to be exceptional, determined professionals who share our enthusiasm and vision for setting the standard of excellence for corporate support in public broadcasting.
Market Enginuity Offers
• Market competitive compensation.
• Comprehensive benefits package designed to protect you and your family: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability and life plans; employee assistance program. Retirement Savings: 401(k) plan
• Opportunities for rest, relaxation and personal pursuits with our generous Personal Time Off (PTO) policy and Holiday Schedule.
• Team of smart, creative and collaborative people.
• Core values that include a commitment to the success of all stakeholders, a healthy work-life balance and mutual trust, dignity and respect.
Market Enginuity is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V