News Producer (Temp. for One Year), Req. #12361
Phoenix, AZ – ABC15 in Phoenix is looking for a creative, innovative line producer to help take our on-air product to the next level. This is a temporary position for one year.
Only apply if you are passionately curious, detail oriented and highly organized. The right candidate will be an expert showcaser who holds themselves to a high standard and consistently identifies strong local, relevant content.
We are looking for a great collaborator and a strong writer. If you are a smart, committed journalist with the knowhow to use all the latest tools to create a great newscast, please let us know you are out there!
• Develop and organize newscasts; responsible for writing, story development and showcasing.
• Enhance content of the rundown with graphics, video, research, and station branding.
• Execute time-sensitive decisions and write clearly for multiple platforms.
• Responsible for oversight of daily live broadcasts.
• Edit video for multiple platforms.
• Assists with on-air and online production of all filed material.
Education & Experience/Certifications:
• 2-3 years experience in local news producing, with a preferred BA in Journalism.
• Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills.
• Proficient at posting content to various websites.
• Computer literacy required, with a preference for newsroom computer systems.
• Videography and non-linear editing experience preferred.
• Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
• Edit video on Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar equipment.
• Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Operates with considerable latitude. Independently performs assignments to results expected. Determines and develops approach to solutions.
• Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
• Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations.
• Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues.
• Advanced knowledge of organization’s technologies and practices.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
The Perks at ABC15:
• A #thinkDIFFERENT culture that values new ideas, and actually acts on them.
• One of the most beautiful TV station buildings you’ll ever work within!
• Voted BEST news website and BEST evening newscast in the Valley. We love to win, but we don’t brag (too much).
• A place where your work gets seen and interacted with by millions of people each and every month.
• 300 sunny days each year, along with the best “winter” you’ll ever experience!
• A culture that values leaders at every level and puts a premium on promoting from within.
• Generous paid time-off policies that start from day one.
• A commitment to YOUR health that includes full benefits and annual wellness incentives.
• A place where you can feel proud of where you work, knowing the station’s commitment is to take action for our community and make Arizona a better place to live.
To apply for this position, please visit us at our External Career Center: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1060841&d=External and search for requisition #12361
Please include a link to your work.
TELEVISION STATION KNXV ABC 15 IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Filed Under Television Careers