Lynchburg, VA – Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country today. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to 162 stations located in 79 geographically diverse markets and our Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WSET has an excellent opportunity for a News Editor, in the Lynchburg studio. This is a full-time position scheduled for 32.5 hours per week.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Closing Date: 9/26/2016
Job responsibilities include:
• Editing video for daily news coverage, special projects, and sweep period pieces
• Taking in news feeds from news bureaus and various news organizations
• Collaborating with anchors, reporters, and producers on video elements of newscasts
• Meeting daily deadlines in a high-energy working environment
Job qualifications include:
• College degree OR minimum 1 year relative experience in the field
• Knowledge of Avid Media Composer and Media Central is a definite plus
• Ability to work with a multitude of people and personalities while maintaining a professional work environment
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Please apply online by going to: http://sbgi.net/sbgi-careers/
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Filed Under Television Careers