Phoenix, AZ – ABC15 Arizona in Phoenix is looking for a hungry Multimedia Journalist to tell memorable, enterprise stories that draw in an audience. The right candidate will have an eye for news that goes beyond the daily headlines. We’re looking for a journalist who loves to tell people and is eager to be part of the continued evolution of local news.
• Receives assignment or evaluates news leads and news tips to develop story ideas.
• Gathers and verifies factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research.
• Organizes material, determines slant or emphasis, and writes story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
• Shoots video and still photos to illustrate stories.
• Edits, or assists in editing, videos for all multimedia platforms.
• Appears on television program when conducting taped interview or narration.
• Gives live reports from site of event or mobile broadcast unit.
• Write and produce quality news stories for multiple media platforms.
• Work cooperatively with photographer assigned to story, if one is assigned.
• Assist news producer in preparing newscast.
• Report, write, capture visual content, edit and produce stories for multiple platforms on deadline, such as Internet and digital channels.
Education & Experience/Certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field preferred.
• Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer systems.
• Videography and non-linear editing experience preferred.
• Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
• Edit video on Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar equipment.
• Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills.
• Proficient at posting content to various websites.
• Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
• Valid Driver’s License, good driving record and provide proof of insurability with company required insurance limits.
If you have a link to your recent work, please cut and paste your link into your profile.
The Perks at ABC15:
• A #thinkDIFFERENT culture that values new ideas, and actually acts on them.
• One of the most beautiful TV station buildings you’ll ever work within!
• Voted BEST news website and BEST evening newscast in the Valley. We love to win, but we don’t brag (too much).
• A place where your work gets seen and interacted with by millions of people each and every month.
• 300 sunny days each year, along with the best “winter” you’ll ever experience!
• A culture that values leaders at every level and puts a premium on promoting from within.
• Generous paid time-off policies that start from day one.
• A commitment to YOUR health that includes full benefits and annual wellness incentives.
• A place where you can feel proud of where you work, knowing the station’s commitment is to take action for our community and make Arizona a better place to live.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners, with 33 television stations in 24 markets and a reach of nearly one in five U.S. households. It also owns 34 radio stations in eight markets. Scripps also runs an expanding collection of local and national digital journalism and information businesses, including multi-platform satire and humor brand Cracked, podcast industry leader Midroll Media and over-the-top video news service Newsy. Scripps also produces television shows including “The List” and “The Now,” runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and serves as the long-time steward of the nation’s largest, most successful and longest-running educational program, the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
Television Station KNXV ABC15 is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this position, please visit us at our External Career Center: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1060841&d=External and search for requisition #13223