Looking ahead at digital in 2015
The company provides “…advisory services, consulting and actionable market intelligence for emerging technology, mobile and wireless, digital consumer and automotive electronics companies.” It operates in North America, Europe and Asia.
“As a result of the proliferation of broadband and connected devices consumers have more choices than ever in how, when and where they connect with music, games and video,” according to Michael Goodman, Director, Digital Media Strategies. “As consumer adoption of these online alternatives grows the degree of disruption felt by traditional distribution models is accelerating.”
The news about television likely won’t come as a big surprise: SA believes digital will continue to take a bite out of television advertising revenue.
Here are Strategy Analytics’ top ten digital predictions for 2015:
Top Ten Digital Media Predictions for 2015
1. Netflix will see a 30% decline in subscriber growth in the U.S. in 2015.
2. Google and Apple enter the fray, launching subscription video services.
3. Average daily hours of television viewing in the UK will decline for the fourth year in a row.
4. Netflix’s presence will have a positive impact on SVOD in both Germany and France.
5. Microsoft will launch a cloud gaming service.
6. YouTube Music Key will disrupt the current balance of power among music streaming services.
7. Amazon will launch a 3rd party ad network.
8. Programmatic advertising will make inroads into television advertising.
9. Display advertising will overtake search for the first time in 2015.
10. Social advertising in the U.S. will top $8.2 billion in 2015.
Source: Strategy Analytics