Phoenix, AZ – The Director III is responsible for directing the station’s newscasts from the news automated control room with a minimal amount of errors while supervising the crew.
• Assigned to daily newscasts as a director or technical director.
• Works with show producers using newsroom computer system to create an integrated automated show rundown.
• Directs control room crew for pre-production, studio shot planning and graphics integration.
• Direct other shows, production shoots and special reports as assigned.
• Assist with any studio setups including but not limited to lighting.
Education & Experience/Certifications
• High school diploma or GED required. Bachelors in related discipline preferred.
• 3 years experience directing LIVE newscasts and 1 year experience with IGNITE automation strongly preferred.
• Must have previous multi-camera directing experience preferably in television news with control room automation.
Skills & Abilities
• Must have the ability to direct fast-pace rapidly changing productions for extended periods.
• Working knowledge of state-of-the-art video switchers and effects.
• Familiar with routers, video servers, audio consoles, robotic studio cameras, graphics systems and studio production equipment.
• Strong computer skills.
• Effective communication and people skills.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
• Constant viewing of multiple video and computer monitors. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
• Flexible work hours required, including holidays, weekends, evenings and possible overtime hours.
• Driving required. Must have a valid driver’s license and provide proof of insurability.
The Perks at ABC15:
• A #thinkDIFFERENT culture that values new ideas, and actually acts on them.
• One of the most beautiful TV station buildings you’ll ever work within!
• Voted BEST news website and BEST evening newscast in the Valley. We love to win, but we don’t brag (too much).
• A place where your work gets seen and interacted with by millions of people each and every month.
• 300 sunny days each year, along with the best “winter” you’ll ever experience!
• A culture that values leaders at every level and puts a premium on promoting from within.
• Generous paid time-off policies that start from day one.
• A commitment to YOUR health that includes full benefits and annual wellness incentives.
• A place where you can feel proud of where you work, knowing the station’s commitment is to take action for our community and make Arizona a better place to live.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners, with 33 television stations in 24 markets and a reach of nearly one in five U.S. households. It also owns 34 radio stations in eight markets. Scripps also runs an expanding collection of local and national digital journalism and information businesses, including multi-platform satire and humor brand Cracked, podcast industry leader Midroll Media and over-the-top video news service Newsy. Scripps also produces television shows including “THE LIST” and “The Now,” runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and serves as the long-time steward of the nation’s largest, most successful and longest-running educational program, the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
Television Station KNXV ABC15 is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this position, please visit us at our External Career Center: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1060841&d=External and search for requisition #13062