Development Assistant, Leadership Giving
Troy, NY – Title: Development Assistant, Leadership Giving
Division: Leadership Giving
Type: Full Time, Non-exempt
Reports To: Manager, Leadership and Planned Giving
I. BROAD FUNCTION
This person assists with the fundraising activities of the station, especially those pertaining to mid-level and major annual giving, planned giving and special projects/campaigns.
II. SPECIFIC OPERATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist in the preparation of written materials, including correspondence, solicitation materials, acknowledgements, and regular communications as part of the stewardship program with primary responsibility for the mail merge and printing of materials.
• Assist in the preparation of marketing materials, including brochures, articles, ads, testimonials and on-air announcements, to promote the concept of leadership and legacy giving to WMHT.
• Maintain major donor and legacy donor records, including data entry and filing.
• Assist Manager of Leadership and Planned Giving with prospect identification, research, and tracking.
• Prepare materials for meetings, take notes at the meetings and assist in follow up from meetings of Development Committee, Planned Giving Advisory Committee, Edison Society Advisory Committee and Special Project/Campaign Committee meetings.
• Coordinate event preparation, implementation and follow-up for Leadership Giving and other development events.
• Perform customer service for major and legacy donors, assisting members with questions, concerns, especially those relating to membership benefit fulfillment.
• Assist Membership Services with member phone calls as needed.
II. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participate in station activities, membership support, and on-air fundraising campaigns as requested or assigned.
• Provide relief to reception on rotating basis.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Outlook, Word and Excel
• Experience with database management, working with development records a plus
• Excellent oral and written communications
• Excellent organizational skills
• Superior attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Positive attitude and flexibility
• Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends
• Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience
IV. DESIRABLE SKILLS
• Special events planning experience
To apply send cover letter and resume to Valerie Belden at [email protected] or WMHT, 4 Global View, Troy NY 12180.
WMHT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Filed Under Radio Careers