CES 2017 is once again set to take over Las Vegas, and show organizers are promising that this year’s massive confab will be the “largest, most diverse event experience in the show’s 50-year history.”
To say CES 2017 is large may be an understatement.
There will be more than 2.6 million net square feet of exhibits, new marketplaces, and more than 850 first-time exhibitors.
That’s accompanied by seven keynote addresses, expanded conference programming, additional SuperSessions, and enhanced show floor services. There will be three main venue locations in Tech East, Tech West and Tech South and more than 24 product categories showcasing the hottest tech trends.
What’s of particular interest to media industry executives?
- Check out the Eureka Park™ Marketplace – with more than 600 startups, up from 500 at CES 2016, with exhibitors from more than 34 countries and partners including TechCrunch, Indiegogo, Samsung NEXT, Arlington Economic Development and National Science Foundation. (Sands, Level 1, Hall G)
- Expanded 3-day series of Sports Business Innovation, presented by Turner Sports.
- Expanded Self-Driving Technology marketplace in Gold Plaza, with nine featured exhibitors including Autoliv, Clarion, Delphi, IAV, Navya, NVIDIA, NXP, Renesas and Valeo. Take a moment to look at the in-dash entertainment features. Is AM/FM/XM easily accessible?
- C Space Storyteller Sessions – Beginning Jan. 9, Spotify will feature 30-minute sessions. From mobile to VR to video and digital content, influencers and newsmakers share stories, best practices and case studies about the unique relationships between brands, entertainment and technology.
Meanwhile, CES 2017 attendees can enjoy a unique Pandora station – “WHOA” 50 Years of CES will capture the energy and excitement of the past 50 years with music from artists like Sia, Styx, and Drake.
Of the SuperSessions, be sure to consider the following:
- Opportunities for the Global Innovation Economy, presented by CTA – featuring Alan Murray, Chief Content Officer, Time Inc., Mark Fields, President and CEO, Ford Motor Co., Brian Krzanich, CEO, Intel Corp. and Mike McNamara, CEO, Flex. (Friday, January 6, 1-2 PM, LVCC, North Hall, N257)
- The Power of Hidden Figures, presented by IBM – featuring Soledad O’Brien, Rashid Ferrod Davis, Leah Gilliam, Lindsay-Rae McIntyre, Octavia Spencer and Kristen Summers. (11:30 AM – 12:30 PM, January 6, LVCC, North Hall, N257)
CES 2017 will run January 5-8, 2017.