Los Angeles, CA – DEFINITION: The Business Manager will work under the supervision of Pacifica’s Chief Financial Officer and/or Controller, and administratively under the station’s General Manager. The Business is responsible for payroll and payroll reporting, accounting/bookkeeping for KPFK, financial reports to local management and local station board, Pacifica National Office (PNO) management. This position will also be responsible for 1099 preparation, audit support, account reconciliation, credit card processing/deposit, coordinating with Membership and Development departments as necessary and other duties assigned. This is a salaried (21-35 hours/week TBD) exempt confidential position with all work to be performed on site.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Process, review and submit station’s payroll information to the Pacifica National Office (PNO)
2. Maintain the station’s personnel files, insurance and benefit plans, update payroll and personnel info as necessary
3. Maintain union dues, seniority pay and other union-related benefit plans and reports
4. Track and administer employees’ earnings records and process employee garnishments and voluntary deductions
5. Review and process of Accounts Payable invoices/bills and other disbursements
6. Update accounts payable schedules and vendor files/information, reconcile outstanding A/P against general ledger
7. Schedule, secure approval and pay station obligations and payables
8. Prepare and maintain monthly ledger, coordinate with the PNO in generating financial statements monthly and quarterly for use by local management and local station board and committees
9. Prepare and maintain grant and special fund-raising project worksheets as necessary
10. Collect and review 1099 information, maintain associated records
11. Coordinate with Membership / Development Departments in recording cash deposits and station’s income and revenue
12. Maintain files for deposits and other cash receipts, prepare bank reconciliation
13. Assist the station’s General Manager in developing annual station budget
14. Assist in the preparation of year-end audit schedules and reconciliation and compilation of supporting documentation for external auditors and the PNO finance staff
15. Assure that office systems are maintained and functioning
16. Troubleshoot accounting software and computer hardware as necessary
17. Follow and implement Foundation, KPFK, and PNO policies and procedures.
Job descriptions are subject to change without notice based on the needs of the KPFK and/or the PNO.
Education: One year certificate from college or technical school; or 2 — 3 years accounting course work
Experience: Progressive experience in A/R, A/P, Payroll and other accounting activities preferred.
Skills and Abilities: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commission, proportions percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra. Common sense of understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Excellent problem solving variables where only limited standardized instructions exist. Aptitude to read and interpret documents such as financial statements, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals. Ability to produce routine reports and correspondence. Strong computer skills, Great Plains or any accounting software exposure, spreadsheets, word processing, internet. Must be customer service oriented and able to relate well with management, staff, board, vendors and the general public. Strong ability to prioritize and multitask.
Ability to think clearly and manage multiple changing priorities, and remain pleasant and positive. Requires critical thinking and ability to support people with difficult challenges. Requires good judgment.
License Required: Employment is contingent upon proof of eligibility to work, 21 years of age or older, verification of degree/credentials, credit check, agreement to uphold all of the Pacifica Foundation Policies and Procedures, Confidentiality Agreement, Policy on Outside Employment, Policy on Prohibiting/Preventing Workplace Violence, Policy to Prohibit Harassment in the Workplace, Policy on Ethics, adhere to Drug-Free Workplace Policy, compliance with Workplace Injury and Illness Prevention Policies, and compliance with HIPAA Rules and Regulations.
THE PACIFICA FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Pacifica Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, marital status, equal pay, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, and genetic information. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected] See kpfk.org for more.
Filed Under Radio Careers