Building Maintenance Engineer, Req. #11780
Phoenix, AZ – The Building Maintenance Engineer assists in the supervision of the facilities department. Responsible for efficient and effective functions of all facility related operations.
• Assist in the design, planning, construction and maintenance of equipment, machinery, buildings and other facilities items.
• Assist in directing activities of and assigns work to all employees in the unit. Responsible for assisting in training the work force to maintain a well-rounded and capable crew.
• Responsible for a wide range of technical repairs on the facility and associated various systems including heating, air conditioning, plumbing, electrical, and irrigation systems.
• Help to ensure that all facility equipment is maintained properly through daily, weekly, and monthly documented preventive maintenance in order that optimum performance can be expected and achieved. This includes HVAC systems and assigned office equipment.
• As needed, assist in the coordination of building space allocation and layout, communication services, and facility expansion.
• Fleet Management: Manage the maintenance of the station vehicles based on a prescribed schedule. This includes shuttling vehicles to and from repair facilities and performing weekly checks of fluids and maintenance items. Utilization of spreadsheet for history data is required. Oversee and approve repairs as needed to keep the news units on the street.
• Assist with plans, budgets, and schedules for all facility modifications.
• Assist with inspections of all construction and installation projects while updating all necessary company managers or directors through progress reports.
• Participate in monthly departmental safety meetings. Helps to implements preventive measures and recommendations of company Executive Safety Committee.
• Keep facilities and departmental area safe, clean, and organized. Properly handles waste disposal (used chemicals, etc.)
• Assist in supervising the shipping and receiving process for the company including newspaper loading/unloading.
• Assist in supervising general facility cleaning, waste removal, floor maintenance, exterior and grounds maintenance, as well as company recycling programs.
• Foster good relations between the facilities department and other departments.
• Keep abreast of all new facilities related methods and materials available to further improve productivity and quality of workmanship and/or service.
• Perform monthly test and inspection of station generators and UPS System. Oversee PM service.
• Oversee HVAC system and control software inspections. Oversee PM service, contract work.
• Maintain carpet tiles, carpet for safety and scheduled cleaning as needed.
• Perform repairs to painting/wallpaper of all offices, hallways, bathrooms and exterior areas.
• Maintain the parking garage, removing sand, debris, repairs to bumpers, helipad upkeep.
• Maintain the appliances in the building in working order, oversee service calls for repairs.
• Minor electrical repairs to include: changing light bulbs, basic wiring. Oversee electrical contractor on repairs as needed.
• Maintain station elevator. Oversee fulfillment of service contract, including annual inspection.
• Oversee building cleaning crews to obtain proper maintenance of all areas.
• Maintain station electrical, HVAC, Life Safety, Security systems to meet corporate insurance regulations and required annual inspections.
• Oversee the proper maintenance/repair of entry and exit gates, flagpoles and flags.
• Oversee landscaping crew for care of lawns, shrubs, trees, mulch and rust treatment system.
• Oversee station plumbing systems, and contractors for proper operation and repairs to sinks, toilets and drains. This will also include annual backflow certification testing.
• Maintain door locks, desk locks, cabinet locks, issue keys, keep current user list.
• Assist the Engineering team with repairs, maintenance and implementation of projects.
• Handle all other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience/Certifications
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Generally, minimum of seven years facilities experience.
• Engineering or related experience preferred. Project management a bonus.
• Must be familiar with building codes and maintenance trades.
• Must have familiarity with OSHA requirements applicable facility-wide and have experience with safety programs.
• Trane HVAC, ThyssenKrupp Elevator, Summit Tracer HVAC controller, Caterpillar diesel generators, Liebert UPS system, Russell electric switchgear.
Skills & Abilities
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Excellent people skills. Must be able to work well and constantly communicate (both written and verbally) with frontline employees as well as middle and upper management.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and meet all deadlines.
• Must have strong mathematical skills, with ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Broadcast skills preferred: Ability to install equipment into racks, live trucks and transmitter facilities. Ability to run cabling as needed in the building including under computer flooring, through walls and across ceilings. Ability to terminate cables to XLR, BNC, RCA and Ethernet as needed for a particular install. Ability to assist with station remote operations. This would include live truck operation, loading and unloading of gear for parades, telethons and other off site events.
• Must be mechanically inclined.
• Must have solid organizational and computer skills including good working knowledge of software programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Must have valid Arizona driver’s license and satisfactory motor vehicle and DMV check.
• Must be able to occasionally climb stairs as required.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
• Occasionally may be required to reach, climb, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Must be able to work in inky, oily, and greasy environment.
• Exposure to heights.
• Exposure to constant machine noise.
• Exposure to outdoor weather including potential extreme cold or extreme heat.
• Frequent lifting or moving of 25 to 50 pounds. Must be able to lift 50 pounds. • Occasional lifting or moving of up to 100 pounds.
• Climbing ladders and aerial platforms are also required at times.
• Must be self-motivated and possess strong organizational skills.
• Able to work under pressure and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
The Perks at ABC15:
• A #thinkDIFFERENT culture that values new ideas, and actually acts on them.
• One of the most beautiful TV station buildings you’ll ever work within!
• Voted BEST news website and BEST evening newscast in the Valley. We love to win, but we don’t brag (too much).
• A place where your work gets seen and interacted with by millions of people each and every month.
• 300 sunny days each year, along with the best “winter” you’ll ever experience!
• A culture that values leaders at every level and puts a premium on promoting from within.
• Generous paid time-off policies that start from day one.
• A commitment to YOUR health that includes full benefits and annual wellness incentives.
• A place where you can feel proud of where you work, knowing the station’s commitment is to take action for our community and make Arizona a better place to live.
To apply for this position, please visit us at our External Career Center: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1060841&d=External and search for requisition #11780
TELEVISION STATION KNXV ABC 15 IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Filed Under Television Careers